This privacy statement describes in detail how we gather, process and hand over your personal data. It also describes your rights as data subject and tells how to contact us and how we protect your personal data.
Finnish Forest Association, Registered Association
Business ID 0288770-9
Address: Salomonkatu 17 A, FI-00100 Helsinki
Business ID 0111632-0
Address: Salomonkatu 17 A, FI-00100 Helsinki
Finnish Forest Association
Salomonkatu 17 A
email@example.com, +358 9 685 0880
What personal data do we gather?
We process the personal data of contact persons of associations that are members of the Finnish Forest Association.
In addition, we gather personal data on persons not acting as contact persons of associations that are members of the Finnish Forest Association. Such persons may include the contact persons of our co-operation partners as well as our customers; that is, persons who participate in projects or events organized by us, use or purchase our services and products, subscribe to our newsletter, visit our web pages or are in contact with us in other ways.
Identifying and contact data
- Contact details, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Name, contact details and field of activity of the organisation represented
- Position and job description
- Demographic data (such as occupation, language used in communications, gender)
Data on membership or customer relationship
- Data on membership or customer relationship, such as information on participation, orders, billing, payments and products, as well as feedback and communications received
Data related to events
- In connection with event registration, date of birth and information on special diets and other comparable information
Data related to communication
- Data on marketing and related events
- Communications addressed to the data subject and actions related to them
- Direct marketing permissions and prohibitions
- Other data allowed by the data subject
Data related to the use of our web pages
- Data related to the use of our web pages, such as duration of visit, and data on the terminal device used. For more information, see the separate Cookie settings on our website.
How do we use your personal data?
We primarily process personal data to manage and maintain the membership of our member associations, as well as to offer and produce services related to membership. In addition, personal data is processed to send messages and information to members, such as newsletters, to manage products and services, to organise events and for invoicing.
On the basis of legitimate interest
We process personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, to develop our services and activity, as well as to ensure the development and functionality of our web pages.
We may also process personal data on the basis of legitimate interest for direct marketing, marketing and opinion surveys and to prevent and investigate eventual irregularities and fraud.
On the basis of consent
We may send direct marketing messages to you if you have given your consent to this. If, for example, you have subscribed to our newsletter or requested other direct marketing materials, your personal data will be processed in order to send such messages to you. You have the right to revoke your consent or forbid direct marketing, by means of a link in the e-mail message.
On the basis of statutory obligations
We use your personal data in order to meet our obligations based on legislation and decisions made by authorities. We may be obliged to keep personal data to comply with obligations set out in legislation on accounting, or other compelling legislation. Personal data may be handed over on the request of a competent authority and on conditions defined in legislation.
How do we gather and hand over your personal data?
We gather personal data directly from you at the start of an association’s membership and also during it.
Based on your consent, we also gather personal data when, for example, you subscribe to our newsletter, order products or services, use our websites, participate in marketing or opinion surveys, register or participate in an event organised by us or otherwise contact us.
Personal data may also be updated on the basis of data received from stakeholders and other third parties, as well as from authorities, to the extent allowed by legislation.
Handing over of data
We may transfer or hand over your personal data to third parties in the following cases:
We may transfer or hand over the personal data of persons participating in an event organised by the Finnish Forest Association to other participants and organisers of the same event.
We may also hand over your personal data to cooperation partners with whom we jointly implement our projects and their marketing.
We may hand over your personal data to third parties with your own consent. We may hand over your personal data on the request of a competent authority and on conditions defined in legislation.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was gathered, or for as long as is necessary to meet statutory obligations.
- Data based on membership in the Finnish Forest Association is kept at a minimum until the end of the membership plus two  years thereafter.
- Data related to the use of the web pages of the Finnish Forest Association is kept for two  years at a minimum.
- Data on marketing-related permissions and prohibitions is kept until further notice.
- Data related to accounting is kept for a maximum of ten  years, as stipulated in relevant legislation.
Will your personal data be transferred outside the EU or the European Economic Space?
In processing personal data, we may use subcontractors or service providers who may have access to personal data outside the EU or the EES. In such cases we ensure the due protection of personal data by making sure that there exists a legal basis for transferring the data, using the Standard Contractual Clauses drawn up by the European Commission, for example.
Protection of your data
We protect your personal data by using appropriate technologies and organisational arrangements. Your personal data is only used by those persons employed by the Finnish Forest Association and other designated persons who need to do so in the course of their work and have the appropriate user identification. The personal data is stored in digital systems protected by firewalls and passwords and other appropriate technological and organisational solutions. Documents containing personal data that are processed manually are kept under lock and key, and unauthorized access to them is prevented.
- Right to obtain information on the processing of personal data. You have the right to be informed of the purposes for which we process your personal data, and of the ways we use for this.
- Right of access to the data. You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether we do process your personal data. If we do, you have the right to receive a copy of such data, unless there exist statutory grounds for us to refuse it from you.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct or update inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning yourself.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to remove your personal data from our registers, unless we have statutory grounds for continuing to process your data, or unless we have a statutory obligation or a justified legal reason for storing the personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your data, if you consider that the data related to you that we are processing is inaccurate, or if you consider that it is being processed unlawfully, or you have objected to the processing of your data.
- Right to object to the processing of data. At any time, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on personal grounds related to your specific situation, to the extent that the grounds for processing your data is our legitimate interest.
- Right to revoke consent. You have the right to revoke the consent you have given when, for example, subscribing to a newsletter.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller, provided that you yourself have given that personal data to us, that we are processing that data on the basis of your consent and the processing is automatic.
- Right to complain. You have the right to complain to the data protection authority if you consider that your personal data is processed contrary to data protection legislation. The contact details of the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman are found here.
Updated 20 January 2021