Forest Academy for Decision Makers is a discussion forum focusing on the ways in which forests can contribute to the development of a sustainable circular bioeconomy.
The 2018 event targeted at EU Decision Makers is a joint venture between Finland and Sweden, with the engagement of an extensive group of stakeholders.
The Forest Academy communication tool is produced by the Finnish Forest Association. The association is a non-governmental, non-profit cooperation and communication body bringing together all major forest-related interests. In Finland, the communication programme has been running successfully since 1996. Some 1,400 top-level decision-makers from different sectors of society have participated in the forums.
Forest Academy 2018 is organised as an intense two-day field course in southern Finland. The programme will consist of seminar sessions, field excursions, discussions and network building. The programme content will be international. The event language will be English.
The programme will sketch the big picture from global challenges to hands-on solutions and back. The aim is to present the entire value chain from sustainable wood sourcing and forest management to production, including construction and furniture and the use of wood fibre for such purposes as packaging, textiles, chemicals, design and energy, as well as aspects of sustainability and innovative new products and services.
During the event, you will have the possibility to hear international keynoters and to share your insights with other key decision-makers in EU institutions.
Some of the keynoters at the event will be:
- Jari Leppä, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry
- Sven-Erik Bucht, Minister for Rural Affairs
- Miapetra Kumpula-Natri, Member of the European Parliament
- Karl-Henrik Sundström, Chief Executive Officer, Stora Enso
- Lena Ek, Chairman, Södra
- Howy Jacobs, Professor of Molecular Biology, University of Tampere, Finland
- Arto Tiitinen, Chief Executive Officer, Isku
- Jukka Pahta, Managing Director, Koskisen Group
- Tapio Anttila, Architect, Tapio Anttila Design
- Anna Wiberg, Project Manager, BioInnovation
- Antti Asikainen, Research professor, Natural Resources Institute (Luke)
- Håkan Wirtén, Secretary General, WWF Sweden
- Inka Musta, Senior Manager Environment, UPM
- Pentti Hyttinen, Secretary General, Metsähallitus
Look into the introductions of the speakers in the speakers’ gallery.
The event is targeted at decision-makers in the EU institutions – especially in the European Parliament and the European Commission. Invitees will also include representatives from research and development, business, NGO’s, the media, as well as forest- and bioeconomy-related stakeholders.
Participation in the event is by invitation only.
Should the event be of interest to you, please contact us.
Read more in The Forest Academy for EU Decision Makers -brochure.
The Forest Academy for EU Decision-Makers 2018 is funded by the Finnish Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, the Swedish Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation and the Finnish Forest Foundation.